It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of IoT technologies for the logistics sector, because here it is possible to achieve a tremendous increase in the level of efficiency: solutions can be used in warehouses, and in the processes of transportation and loading, and for delivering goods directly to customers at the "last mile" level.
Thanks to technologies of the Internet of things, companies manage to combine warehouses, transport and millions of items of goods into a single self-governing intellectual system. Most often, IoT devices are used in warehouses. Receiving information about tangible assets throughout the supply chain, the IoT systems then independently process and analyze the received data, and also ensure that orders are properly stored and as quickly as possible will be in the hands of the end customers.
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
- Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Sensors and gauge on warehouse equipment, vehicles.
- Industrial robots for the selection and packaging of goods in stock.
- Minicomputers for printing labels.
- Interactive interfaces.
Areas of use
Increase the efficiency of equipment in the warehouse. Thanks to the sensors on conveyor belts and loaders, it is possible to determine the optimum speed mode, load, capacity.
- Smart inventory. The system in an interactive mode takes readings from sensors and sensors located on goods in a warehouse, forming reports on their quantity, condition and location. Flying drones equipped with cameras are capable of making more than 30 frames per second. Examining the warehouse with the "eyes" of the drone, you can inventory a large room in just a day, even if earlier all similar work took a whole month.
- Control over the integrity of goods and packaging. Equipment for rooms with goods of special categories that require specific storage conditions, can independently monitor the temperature regime, lighting, humidity.
- Monitoring the quality of service. Control of the processes of delivery of goods to customers, accurate shipping, correct sorting of goods. Loyalty of customers to logistics operators grows if they provide a service for tracking the location of the goods.
- Transport management. The data coming from the connected fleet of vehicles can be analyzed for the purpose of making forecasts that, among other things, will help to automatically organize preventive works, regulate the load and prevent accidents.