VMware has announced a new version of its desktop virtualization platform VMware Horizon 8. The latest update will provide users with improved collaboration, support for more cloud services, as well as enhanced security and other useful features.
Benefits of upgrading VMware Horizon 8:
- Hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Advanced instant cloning technology
- Optimized collaboration environment
- Improved profile and personalization management
- APIs for automation
- Linux hosted applications
Key features of VMware Horizon 8:
Expanding hybrid infrastructure options
- Advanced hybrid and multi-cloud deployment options are available in VMware Horizon 8, allowing customers to now choose from multiple cloud providers. The updated version includes support for VMware Horizon in Google Cloud VMware Engine and VMware Cloud from Dell EMC. Full support will now also be provided for Azure VMware Cloud. Each of the cloud services has received VMware certification, so customers can now be guided by both the capabilities of the applications in the managed infrastructure and the rapid scaling and cost-effective provision of VDI when choosing a service provider.
Expanded feature set and new instant cloning capabilities
- Functions such as monitoring, granting rights, and managing users and virtual machines have been automated using NewRESTful interfaces. The VMware Horizon REST API allows IT professionals to interact with VMware Horizon to flexibly distribute access to data and quickly change the set of services. Instant Clone Smart Provisioning brings new capabilities and enhancements to instant clones and the best way to deliver them.
Improved integration capabilities
- VMware Horizon 8 offers enhanced telecommuting and collaboration, video and audio for Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Cisco Webex.